We are a writing school for anyone who wants to write–for work, for school, or for pleasure. We’re also a writing community–writing is not a solitary activity, and writers (and readers) can use this site to connect with others, to share their work, and to find support.
May we Help You?
People come to our site because they want to learn how to write better.
You might be:
- A businessperson whose first language is not English. You want a sustainable, low-stress way to to improve your reading and writing skills in English.
- A neuro-atypical person who wants to grow as a writer.
- An ex-writer. You wrote when you were in your teens and twenties, but since then you just “haven’t had time.” Lately, you’ve wanted to start up again, but you don’t know how to begin.
- A parent. Your kids are having trouble in school, whether because of language barrier, learning disabilities, or something else entirely. You’ve tried a few things and are open to a different (but tried-and-true) approach.
- A kid who just likes to write. At school, they assign essays and lab-reports, but there’s no one teaching you how to do the kind of writing you actually like.
How to Sign Up
Single class: Feel free to start with an introductory class. We’ll begin with a phone call where we talk about what you’re hoping to gain from the course, then we’ll schedule our first meeting over Zoom. $125
Block of 5 classes: This is our basic package. You will meet one-on-one with Adam. Classes last one hour. You can meet once a week, twice a week, or once every two weeks. $500
Block of 10 classes: Same as above, but a better deal! $900
Custom: Reach out to us, tell us what you need, and let’s talk. Is an hour too long for you? Too short? Would you rather interact by phone than by Zoom? Let us know how you learn best, and we’ll build your course around you.
Small groups (perfect for siblings, small businesses, and more): For each additional person, add $50 per person, per class. Thus, a block of five would cost $750 for 2, $1000 for 3, etc.
Please send your request by email to [email protected]. We accept Paypal and Venmo.
What to Expect
In addition to individual or small group classes with Adam, you’ll also have access to writing groups and forums where you can connect with other writers for encouragement, feedback or advice. Whether it’s structure and accountability to help you maintain a writing schedule, a listening ear to help you get around a roadblock or a place to celebrate your success, a writing community is an important part of the writing process.
Ready to get started? Click here.
The Writing Community
While we might choose to write alone, writers still need to connect with other writers. Writing is not a solitary activity. We need editors, beta readers, and accountability partners. And we definitely need our cheering section–the people who help us when we’re stuck, when we’re frustrated, and when we’re celebrating. We need someone to hand us the thesaurus or remind us about great topic we’ve forgotten we wanted to write about.
Share your Work
One of the great frustrations of learning to write is not knowing when or where to submit your work. You don’t need to sign up for writing classes to submit with us. You just need to have work you want to share. This part of the site could be especially useful for when we’re ready to share with others but not ready (for whatever reason) to look for places to publish what we’ve written.
Your instructors, Adam and Erika share their work and wisdom, and give you a window into their teacher-student collaboration.
Contributors, students and guests share thoughts about all things writing-language, editing, the writing process and writer’s block.
Guests, students and friends share their own work here.
Our Forums-Coming Soon!
Join conversations with other writers about everything from apples to zebras.